The Fifty supports Dell Seton Medical Center at UT’s ability to break boundaries in achieving healthy outcomes and health innovation.
Who are The Fifty?
We are 50 Austinites with a unified vision for advancing the future of healthcare in Central Texas. Seton, a 100% non-profit organization, expedited the completion of Dell Seton Medical Center at UT based on our fundraising commitment. As leaders from the wide array of industries that have transformed Austin into the premier place to live, we have helped build an innovative, state-of-the-art medical community where research and technology combine to make Austin the best place to receive medical care. This hospital is poised and equipped to evolve and adapt to the ever-changing healthcare landscape, and is the platform for real transformation of care.
Why Do We Need to Support This Teaching Hospital?
- Dell Seton is redefining healthcare and delivery of care in our community
- This is our region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center for adults
- More efficient and accessible care for the poor and vulnerable as our community’s not-for-profit safety net hospital
- There is a shortage of doctors for a rapidly growing population – our partnership with UT Austin’s Dell Medical School is an incubator for academics, research and healthy outcomes to attract the next generation of physicians
- Need to better leverage the existing biomedical sector to create more jobs and promote more collaborative healthcare
How Are We Doing It?
- Sustaining an exclusive organization of established and emerging philanthropic leaders to continue to transform healthcare and improve the overall quality of life in Central Texas
- Providing a network of ongoing community and financial support for Dell Seton Medical Center at UT and related programs within Seton/Ascension
- Engaging key stakeholders in a dialogue to promote academic medicine and health innovation
- Educating and informing citizens and advocating for Seton/Ascension
- Fostering friendships and business relationships within The Fifty to further inspire members to take part in the mission
How to Join The Fifty
Membership in The Fifty is by invitation only. To be considered for membership or to nominate an up-and-coming community leader, contact: email@example.com
– Fundraising Chair
– Membership Chair
Hurst Creek Capital
The Bingham Group, LLC
Hughes, Vanderburg, Williams, Booth
The Texas Tribune
Steward Partners Global Advisory
Ashley Dougherty Consulting
Cielo Property Group
Lincoln Property Group
Hyde Park Ventures
The Austin Regional Manufacturers Association
JE Dunn Construction
Texas Disposal Systems
Meroney Public Affairs
Austin Growth Capital
Privateer Capital Management
Keep Real Estate
Clinical Pathology Associates
For more information about the President’s Council, contact Joel Rice, Executive Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org.