Volunteering at Seton
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! If you have a heart to serve others, Ascension Texas is the perfect place for you to serve. Our friendly, energetic, volunteers provide a welcoming presence throughout our ministry.
Volunteers serve inside the hospitals and in outpatient clinics throughout the area. They provide non-clinical support to our staff, freeing up our staff to spend more time with our patients. Volunteering is a great way to make new friends and make a difference all at once!
Volunteers commit to a 3 or 4 hour shift each week. Shifts are available 7 days each week. Due to the time and effort we put into screening, onboarding, and training new volunteers, we require a minimum 6 month commitment. Our volunteer program includes college students, retired adults, and adults who are still active in the workforce.
If you are currently active in the workforce and your employer offers Volunteer Time Off or donations to the Non-Profit organization where you will be serving, please reach out to one of our Directors of Volunteers so that we can discuss opportunities. We are grateful for your employer’s commitment to serving their greater community!
Volunteer Immunization Requirements:
- MMR – Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Varicella – Chicken Pox (either history of disease or proof of vaccination)
- TB (Tuberculosis) test within last 3 months
- Flu shot is required during the December and April application periods. If you are applying during the month of July, flu shots are not required.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must provide Social Security Number
- Complete Volunteer Application
- Consent to Criminal Background Check
- Purchase uniform $22 maximum
- Complete orientation and training
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
Ready to become a volunteer with Ascension Seton?
Volunteer applications are accepted April 1-30, July 1-31, and December 1-31.
APPLICATIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED AND WILL RE-OPEN ON DECEMBER 1ST, 2019.
For additional questions, please contact the Director of Volunteers at the respective sites:
Lydia Terry | Ascension Seton Hays, Ascension Seton Northwest, Ascension Seton Williamson | Email
Lauren Powell | Dell Children’s Medical Center, Ascension Seton Southwest | Email
Pam Crowther | Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Austin | Email